This 5.5L / 5.8-Qt oval cocotte from Staub is heavyweight and built to last. Enamelled cast iron cocottes yield amazing results when slow-cooking and braising but also when making soups and stews. This cocotte comes with an extra-heavy lid to seal in moisture for tender, flavourful results. The lid features precisely placed bumps on the interior to continually self-baste and evenly redistribute evaporated juices onto your food for tender and flavourful results.
Staub’s signature black matte enamel interior is easy to clean and does not require seasoning like traditional raw cast iron. Cast iron may be slow to heat up but retains heat for an extended period of time, diffuses it slowly and distributes it evenly. The high-quality enamel used in Staub offers improved resistance to thermal shocks and scratching.
Also available in other colours and sizes.
For best results:
- Heat slowly and use on low to medium heat.
- If using high heat, bring up to temperature gradually.
- Allow cocotte to cool before washing.
- Completely dry before storing.
Induction, gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, oven and broiler compatible up to 500ºF/260°C.
- Without handles and lid: 12” L x 9.75” W x 4.5” H / 30.5cm L x 25cm W x 11.5cm H.
- With handles and lid: 14.75” L x 9.75” W x 7” H / 37.5cmL x 25cm W x 18cm H.
Made in France.
Staub Limited Lifetime Warranty.
shop with confidence
Julia and team work hard to find the best of the best in kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware and small appliances. We've done the research so you don't have to.
why Hestan nanobond?
click here to learn more about why Hestan NanoBond is unmatched in quality and performance