Both Wirecutter and Serious Eats have raved about this large carbon steel wok—and you’re about to as well. Perhaps you’ll be charmed by how nimble this flat bottom wok can be, its lightweight carbon steel making it easy to stir, flip, or shake food to perfection. Or maybe you’ll swoon over how much heat this pan can absorb, searing that perfect char onto veggies and meat without scorching. Either way, your love for this wok will grow stronger as it ages. Season before use by rinsing off all residue, wiping away moisture with a paper towel, putting it back on the stove and applying a thin layer of vegetable oil til warm and then removing the wok from heat and letting air-dry. Season it regularly and as you season it, its patina will deepen and darken in a beautiful way, eliminating any chance rust will set in. Also included in this set are a tidy nonstick steel lid, a handy bamboo wok spatula, and an inspiring recipe booklet for years of yummy meals.
Joyce Chen Classic Series 14" Uncoated Round Bottom Carbon Steel Wok 4-Piece Set Features:
- Turn up the heat — designed to withstand high-temperature cooking
- Season before use, and season regularly for optimum use
- Lightweight 1.5mm carbon steel gauge is stronger, lighter, and thinner than most traditional compositions
- Flat bottom stays balanced on stove tops without extra accessories
- Solid birch wood handle (plus helper handle) can be removed for oven use
- Includes nonstick steel lid, bamboo wok spatula, and recipe booklet
- Handwash wok soon after use, wiping up any moisture to keep this cookware performing its best
- Compatible with all stovetops, including induction
- Diameter: 14"
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Wok is made in Taiwan | Accessories are imported
shop with confidence
Julia and team work hard to find the best of the best in kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware and small appliances. We've done the research so you don't have to.
why Hestan nanobond?
click here to learn more about why Hestan NanoBond is unmatched in quality and performance